Most marriage difficulties stem from an improper perspective of what marriage
is all about.
Our view can be
- I'm supposed to be happy
- My spouse is supposed to help make me happy
- My life would be better if my spouse would act "right."
The truth is
- God is all powerful and loving.
- God is capable of making our spouse near perfect if it is what we need.
- God more than anything wants us to get to know Him better.
- God wants us to learn about His heart as we struggle treating our
spouses in the manner taught in the Bible.
Focus on the Family
There are many great articles and resources on this site.